If you choose to buy Belstaff from an unauthorised retailer we cannot guarantee the authenticity or quality of the item. We recommend that you always choose to shop either from us directly, or from an approved stockist (a list of which can be found on our Store Locator page).
At Belstaff, we are aware that our products are desirable and therefore are unfortunately counterfeited and distributed through a number of channels. We invest heavily as a brand to monitor and actively legislate against any site or business that infringes on our brand’s trademarks.
If you know of, or suspect that a website or vendor is not genuine, please submit the web address to: firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will look into it. Please be assured that every lead is a priority and investigated as soon as possible. Your assistance is greatly appreciated and sends a strong message to counterfeiters that their illegal activity will not be tolerated.
Belstaff designs have of course changed over our 90-plus year history, however there are some signature details that indicate an authentic item:
· Metal hardware should be engraved with the Belstaff brand logo or name.
· Zip pulls and others fasteners may feature the ‘knurled’ roller bar – a textured grip on metal that echoes that found on motorbike handlebars and foot pedals.
· If a logo appears on the sleeve, it will be on the left arm.
Unfortunately counterfeit websites do advertise on search engines, however we work continuously to ensure that such businesses are removed from the results pages.
At the moment we do not sell any products through trade or auction websites. Some retailers may choose to sell on their old stock in this way, but we cannot guarantee it’s authenticity.
There are several ways that you can check if a website is a counterfeit retailer:
1. Visit the websites ‘About Us’ section and they should state whether they are an approved reseller of our product. Many sites will say they are representative products rather than real ones.
2. Go to a content area of the website (like the ‘About Us’ section) and check the text for spelling mistakes and grammar, as these websites are often created using an automated translation programme.
3. If there is a live chat option or contact us page, genuine websites will be able to prove that they are authorised through direct communication with you.
4. If the price being offered seems too good to be true, it probably is.
5. If in doubt, please check our store locator or contact our customer service team (email@example.com)
However, please note - the only way to guarantee the authenticity of a Belstaff product is to purchase it either from us directly, or from an approved stockist (a list of which can be found at www.belstaff.com/store-locator).
Submit a suspicious website
If you know of, or suspect that a website or vendor is not genuine, please submit the web address to: firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will look into it.